Unwelcome
ZOMBiE's Blog
This Blog is best viewed in 1024x786, in Firefox 3.0, Internet Explorer 6.0 or Opera 8.0 or above. Flash Player 9 or above required... That was for 10 years ago, most modern browsers can view my blog.

You accept the Terms and Conditions of cygig.blogspot once you start accessing this blog. Else, please leave immediately.

I Call Myself
ZOMBiE CYGIG

"Educated" At
Maha Bodhi School, Victoria School, Anderson JC, LASALLE College of the Arts

What I Do
Lazing, Hobby Crafting, DIY, Graphic Design, Computer Stuff that you don't get it

What I Avoid
Hipsters, Soccer, Apple Brand, Outings

How Am I Like
Logical, Practical, Off-Beat, Anti-Social, Sarcastic



Number of Views

View My Stats

Talk Cock


Check This Out!
ZOMBiE's Theorem
Quotes
My Dark Literature(Poems, Songs, Short Stories)

Classic Enteries

zB BlogLock


This Blog...
Theme: Glass Core METAL

No using of my blog skin and zB Blog Tools without my permission. Some music streamed to blog can be freely distributed under Creative Commons. Others are linked from external websites.


History
Current Posts
January 2004
September 2004
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
January 2011
February 2011
May 2011
June 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
July 2013
August 2013
October 2013
January 2014
March 2014
April 2014


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution
Non Commercial
No Derivs
2.5 License
.

Sunday, August 20, 2006
My Music Theory
[ZOMBiE CyGiG] ranted at 3:35 PM --- Post#115605933309609621

You know me, you know my music. Basically music is my life. Like all other people i have preferences. I ONLY listen to mando music, especially rap pop, rap rock, RnB, hiphop (though technically hip hop is not a genre) and any other fast songs. I hate love songs. Not saying love songs are no good, but i just dun like lah. By love spngs i mean those with slow weaker beat and slow singing. Jazz and some fusion music is fine with me too.

You see me at home with my Koss KSC75 and iAudio G3, shaking me head to the beat by MC Hotdog, Jay Chou, FIR, Wilber Pan, Machi and some fast pops from Cyndi or SHE. Techno comes into my player at times too, especially the High Party series and Crazy Frog. For techno i have no language preferences lah. I will act like im some rapper on stage and pace round my room, moving my arms and lip syncing the lyrics. (You dun wanna hear me sing out loud...serious...). It feels just like estacy.

Here and then, people from forums and around me tell me so much about "audiophile". Things like Shure, UltimateEars, AKG, Grando got repeated over and over again. Just in case you dunno what those are, they are equivalents of "Gucci" as in handbags in earphones term.

My friend, Wen Yan has been telling me about how he built his speaker sets and how $20 is ample for home made amplifier, and how nice mando hokkien oldies are. He thinks that modern music are too damn noisy and refuse to torture himself by listening to them. Robert flooded my MSN window with all his MD stuff. I dunno how many times he told me Song threw a MD prototype in water to see how much air bubbles come out to optimize the size and weight. He refuses to give iPods a second look as he believed that junk is made up of just the brand name, without all the features, quality and battery he wants. Tsun Lam on the other hand critise all non-Apple players and hated bass as much as i hated bimbos.

See, everyone has their preferences! You think this is Math or Physic in JC? NOOOO! Music has no standard format. To me, equalisers are invented to create you own sound and make the way your music sound unique, rather than fighting all day long and debating who's setting sounds nicer...

For me, i push up my Mach3Bass, a sound enhancement that will make bass "boomier", especially making the vocal sounds very tight. Too much will easily cause ear fatigue. Because a earphone or music pieces do not normally have SOOO MUCH bass in it and that the earphone is near your ear make it sound like the bass is flooding into your ear and bursting out liddat, it sounds quite artificial.

So why am I making it sound "artifical"? Along with other enhancement that make the mids extra bright and such. Hahaha, it all boils down to why I like listening to music so much!

I like listen to music basically to relieve stress and relax and to kill boredom. Yes, I can listen to rock and sleep peacefully. No probs man! In this freaking Singapore education system, everyone is stressful. I blast music to have that few moment of isolation and imagination. The beat drives me blood, taking me to this party mood, like someone in a pub drunk and dancing and for getting everything. This is call "getting HIGH"!Just like sniffing glue or popping pills, but listening to music is of course much more harmless and legal. For that moment i escaped from reality and flew to some Music Paradise where there is no homework, no exams, no nothing but just music and fun! So of course i need my bass and "artificial sound" to get HIGH! Again thats my preference!

Eh....then why not buy a good hi-fi, or a good amp, good sets of speakers, some high end earphones so you can kick off all those artificial thingy? Simple. No Money. Music is my life, but my life is not just music. I wun spend ALL my dollars on music. Just entertainment wise, i can spend money on Mcdonal's, KFC's, Fried Oysters, buying birthday gifts, going to Comic Connections to get some cute handphone keychains, watch movie, buy new bags at times, play LAN outside with my friends, buy Pangya A-cash for my sis....They are equally entertaining! Buying the music CDs to listent to the music not cheap liao lor. Then you still come tell me about the hi-fi, the amp, the Bose speakers, or even the vinyl turntable.... Im only a freaking student...

But still, some quality has to be there to add value to the "getting HIGH" part. There are good and cheap stuffs around. A lot of Creative and Samsung players gives you more features and quality and cheaper price than iPod! Ripping music to 256kbps VBR Ogg might give you better sound, less space than the mp3 equivalent at ZERO cost. My Koss KSC75 clip ons cost me $44 and im sure it sounds better than a lot of clip ons above $50!

There is one mistake a lot of audiophiles make. They can afford to buy this buy that, got the best sound source and give the best speaker placements....at the end of the day they forgot one thing: enjoy music. Sometimes, I just cant be bothered to fine tune everything, not that i dun adjust my EQ, but i dun do it in a rush or be THAT particular about everything. I pop in my cans close my eyes and enjoy the music. Ya I can hear high harsh, ya bass not enuff, ya some distortions, ya got some noise...but nvm...relax first, later on then i will come back to it when i feel like. Anytime, im willing to give up being an "audiophile" (i dun think i am one in the 1st place) to be a "music lover".

I once tried telling all those new features of my G3 to a girl. She cant understand a shit what im saying. She merely smiled and told me "你自己喜欢不就好了吗?"
(translation: As long as you like it, isnt it good enuff liao? )



View/Post Comments (0)