Unwelcome
ZOMBiE's Blog
This Blog is best viewed in 1024x786, in Firefox 3.0, Internet Explorer 6.0 or Opera 8.0 or above. Flash Player 9 or above required... That was for 10 years ago, most modern browsers can view my blog.

You accept the Terms and Conditions of cygig.blogspot once you start accessing this blog. Else, please leave immediately.

I Call Myself
ZOMBiE CYGIG

"Educated" At
Maha Bodhi School, Victoria School, Anderson JC, LASALLE College of the Arts

What I Do
Lazing, Hobby Crafting, DIY, Graphic Design, Computer Stuff that you don't get it

What I Avoid
Hipsters, Soccer, Apple Brand, Outings

How Am I Like
Logical, Practical, Off-Beat, Anti-Social, Sarcastic



Number of Views

View My Stats

Talk Cock


Check This Out!
ZOMBiE's Theorem
Quotes
My Dark Literature(Poems, Songs, Short Stories)

Classic Enteries

zB BlogLock


This Blog...
Theme: Glass Core METAL

No using of my blog skin and zB Blog Tools without my permission. Some music streamed to blog can be freely distributed under Creative Commons. Others are linked from external websites.


History
Current Posts
January 2004
September 2004
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
January 2011
February 2011
May 2011
June 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
July 2013
August 2013
October 2013
January 2014
March 2014
April 2014


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution
Non Commercial
No Derivs
2.5 License
.

Sunday, October 12, 2008
Path To Quit
[ZOMBiE CyGiG] ranted at 10:06 AM --- Post#4550664031379305375

PART ONE - Introduction

Im going to quit selling cables and mini3. At first i said i will retire in Dec. Now maybe I will retire early. Why? cos im very pissed off liao.

IMHO, an audio noob is not someone who dun posses hearing/product/technical skills and knowledge, but someone who follows blindly, unable to judge and make decision for himself, lack of open-mindedness, and fail to think maturely and deeper.

I dint say im not a noob. But there are lots of 'noober' ppl around.



PART TWO -Fail To Ask Intelligent Questions

Most of my customers are students, people with very low purchasing power. Thus i often have to reduce the pricing to suit them, but thats ok, as long as i earn. Earning less is better than earning none. Im kind enough to let them add me to MSN and query about stuffs, but most of them are just spamming stupid questions.

Im sure in school we are taught to ask questions, not just any questions but intelligent ones. In AJC im often thrown into a situation where the teacher will tell me to "go do Self Directed Learning". Although im not positive about Singapore's Education System, but im sure, more or less, you will learn some self-studying skills in school. Examples are like how to do research, how to look for info and not being spoon fed by teachers all the time. Some questions are obvious, and can be answered by thinking deeper. Others can be found by Googling.

Its understandable that in school you would like to be spoon fed, cos perhaps u just wanna get that range of required knowledge and pass your test and fuck it. But now this is a hobby, a hobby of audio, its not force upon you. And if you cant even bother to study up on your hobby..then might as well dun keep it!



PART THREE - Examples Of Stupid Questions

Some examples of lousy questions:

"so whats the difference between silvermax and fuze?"
"isit as good as the SM-i?"
"can recommend me one for my UM2?"
"I want lower my bass on my Voyager, can tell me which?"
"why u use neutrik plugs?"
"why u tube some of the cable and not some?"
"can bend how much? Does bending more than this angle affect quality?"
"i dun think i can afford.." [when i told him to quote FREELY...then i will readjust the price. cant they understand english?]
"have u heard ____ amp? How u compare to mini3?"
"Between hornet, iQube and ibasso D2, where would u rank mini3?"
"isit good to double amp?"
"how to get better ipod LOD?"
"do u sell better 9v battery? Why u dun have ______ brand battery? Whats the difference? Which is better?"
"powerex and accupower battery whats the diff?"
"why min3 capacitor so small?"
"why mini3 not using black gates?"
"whats the diff between the normal and switchcraft jacks?"
"whats switchcraft?"
"I no money afford mini3...but i just bought the xmod!"
"Is amazon a good place to buy earphones?"
"The HybridMAX Pro is better than the Revenge isit?"



PART FOUR - My Gold Rules

Here are three important points to take note regarding audio products:

1. Most of the time, its difficult to determine if one audio product is good or bad, since personal preference places a major role on your perception of a product. Its also difficult to rank these products.

2. Text is a poor medium to describe sound, if u want to know how it sounds, come down to try it

3. The price, frequently, is not proportionate to your perception of its quality. Read point 1.



Here are another four important point to take note when asking questions:

A. Google (or research with any search engine you like) first before asking. Go brush up on your searching skills.

B. You may ask questions, but please dun spam lots of questions in one go. This will result in me ignoring you or deleting you from my contact list.

C. Both eyes and both hands are required to type. But only one ear and one mouth are required to talk on phone/skype. Call me if u want to ask questions. Skyping would be the best. In that way i can do other things and tok at the same time.

D. Consolidate all your questions into one pile, email me if you want, dun now ask 1 question, 5 minutes later another, 10 minutes later another etc.. And the next day the cycle repeats.



PART FIVE - The Answers To Stupid Questions

Point 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, D are from PART FOUR - My Gold Rules.

===========================

Question: "whats the difference between [one product] and [another product]" OR
"between [one product] and [another product] which is better?" OR
"how would u rank [one product] and [another product]?"

Answer: Refer to point 1 and 2. Refer to point B as well, dun expect me to give u a ranking and reference to all available products. Asking about what new features it has and how it sounds like generally would still be fine, but not to the extend to asking me to compare with 4 or 5 other products.

===========================

Question: "Would you recommend [a product]?"

Answer: If its my product, i will definitely recommend the most exp one. Of course I wun recommend other's product. Isnt that one of the most basic of business?

===========================

Question: "Why is the design of [a product] liddat and not liddat?" OR
"Why u use [a material] on [a product]?"

Answer: Mini3 is not designed by me, dun ask me. For my cables, unless u are willing to pay more for a custom design and materials, the current design is already set. Why i chose that particular design and material is cos i feel its good and save cost. If u so pro, go do it yourself. Construction recommendations are welcomed though. Why is Coca Cola black and not white?

===========================

Question: "Why [a technical question]?"

Answer: For technical question, i have a limited knowledge. Im perfectly fine if you want to discuss technical stuff with me, but please read Point A, B and C. Go read up on your questions before asking.

===========================

Question: "Where to buy [a product/part]?"

Answer: If i know, i tell you. If i dunno or i dun want to reveal, i will tell you that i have no idea. Simple. If i tell that you something can be bought online, please read Point A. Dun ask me to help you purchase items online, unless u are one of my old kakis. Go apply for POSB Debit card, lazy to apply or dunno how apply is not an excuse. FIY its damn cheap and the fees could be waviered under certain conditions.

===========================



PART SIX - The Other Irresponsible Customers

First, Long consider timing. They consider a purchase for damn long and give no answers. If u dun intend to buy then just say so. And not keep me waiting for weeks, pending your orders.

Second, asking for price multiple times. Its ok to ask for price once or twice if u are seriously considering a purchase. But some just keep asking and trying out all combination. "What if i buy A and B together? Hmm what if i buy A and C together? What if i buy A and B and C? Hmm what if me and my friend buy (when his friend has no or little intention of purchase)?"

Third, backing out after order confirmation. I got one Msian customer, a working adult. I told him more than once you cannot cancel your orders once confirmed. And on that day i went to collect the stuff from my distributor, he told me that he wish to cancel his mini3 order, because he wants to buy a second hand 2move for $250 (VS $160 for first hand mini3). Reason not being he likes the sound, but cos 2move is made in germany. A few weeks later, he sold his 2move, saying that the sound is not his cup of tea, and then tell me he may want the mini3 again. WTF?

Forth, not paying up. Typical WK case, sell him cable, rush for him to be delivered on the weekend, end up give lousy excuses and not paying up. His gf paid for him first.



PART SEVEN - My Fault

Though i blame some my customers for being irresponsible and irritating, there are some really nice ones. Some which are responsive and helpful, some which gave constructive comments and some who appreciate my service.


Im at wrong too. Namely:

1. There is no common place where my customers can refer to for problems, questions and product updates. I may be considering buying hosting services and setting up a web page with FAQ for this purpose.

2. I keep on coming out w new products and left the old ones hanging there, making lots of confusions. Im going to choose three of the best products that will cover a wide price range and scrap the rest.

3. My schedule is tight, i dun have much choices of meet up timings for my customers. I dun have a shop, my customers cannot drop by to audition and purchase, but stuck to fixed meet up timings.

4. Im too impatient, i got too much things to do, i just get pissed when im bombarded with lots of questions and queries.

5. My knowledge is limited, im not able to provide much of correct technical information.



PART EIGHT- Conclusiont

In short, im going to quit this hobby soon. How soon? I dunno yet. I said Decemeber the last time but now it seems that im going to close shop earlier.

When i say i quit this hobby, it means

1. Im not going to actively do researches, but here and there i may try some new stuff if im bored or bump into something interesting

2. Im not going to actively promote my business (ie make advert, post in forums etc)

3. Im not going to actively keep up with new products and info in the audio scene.

4. It will depend on my mood if i want to sell anything or not.

5. Even if i do sell u stuff, pricing will be fixed. No negotiating, unless i feel like giving u discount.

6. I wun spend unnecessary time answering questions, queries, bargins and entertaining customers

7. I will still provide service for myself and my good friends though.

8. I may be back in business sometime later on, if i do, this time it should be much more properly planned and executed.

9. Those suggestions in PART SEVEN may or may not be implemented.

10. Nothing is fixed and confirmed.



View/Post Comments (0)